La Vanille Nature Park in Mauritius
Enjoy the unforgettable experience with Vanilla Nature Park by walking amongst the largest group of captive-bred giant Aldabra tortoises in the world. They have more than 1000 tortoises in the park, in addition to 2000 Nile Crocodiles as well as a variety of other animals such as monkeys, iguanas, bats, deer, geckos, eels, wild boar and more…
You can also visit the insectarium with more than 23,000 specimens, an aquarium and a fossil museum.
La Vanille Nature Park is an idyllic and stunning park of lush tropical vegetation covering five hectares.
The park was created in 1985, and its name honours the old vine cultivated in the valley where the reserve of five hectares is located.
Mauritian hospitality, conservation of nature, and welfare of the animals are privileged in this magical setting, where the guides will take you on an unforgettable visit of the reserve.
The world has an extraordinary diversity of plant and animal species. Unfortunately, many of these are being pushed to extinction as a result of forest clearing, hunting and the introduction by man of invasive species to areas of the world to which they do not belong.
Many of these species can now only be saved through efforts to protect their habitat, captive breeding for later reintroduction into the wild and farming to reduce demand for wild-caught animals. La Vanille Nature Park is involved in all three of these conservation areas…
- Experience: Discover La Vanille Nature Park, the largest group of captive-bred giant Aldabra tortoises in the world, its crocodiles and a variety of other animals.
- Price description and maximum participants: 15 Euros per adult / 8 Euros per child (3–12 years) / Minimum 2 adults
- Included in the price: Entrance fee
- Opening days for activity: From Monday to Sunday
- Operating Hours of activity:
- 1st May-31st Oct (winter time): 8:30 a.m. - 5p.m.
- 1st Nov-30th April: 8:30a.m. (summer time)- 5:30p.m.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point: LA VANILLE NATURE PARK, Rivière des Anguilles
- To bring: Sports shoes
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids: All ages are welcome and kids under 12 shall be accompanied by an adult.
- Transport to the location: Not included.
- Reservation policy: Booking 24 hours in advance.