Half-Day Whale Watching in Mauritius
Whales are among the most noble, beautiful and impressive animals in the sea and on the planet; however, they are endangered as a direct result of past human activity. You can see these amazing creatures in their natural habitat in Mauritius, but some conditions must be met.
Humpback whales can be observed off the Mauritian West Coast from July to November when they move from the poles to warmer waters near the equator for the mating season before getting back to the Arctic. They only eat in polar waters and build up a reserve of fat before migrating up to 25,000 kilometres each year. So, during our winter, when they are near the Mauritian coast, they are in fasting mode and live off their fat reserves.
Sperm Whales, on the other hand, are considered residents and can be found in our waters all year round. They tend to be even larger than humpback whales and will surely impress you immensely.
- Experience: Half Day Shared Whales watching in their natural habitat.
- Price description and maximum participants: 26 Euros Per person
- Included in the price: Whale watching, snorkelling (snorkelling equipment provided)
- Opening days for activity: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Start time, end time and duration: From 8 a.m to 11:00 a.m. Approximately three hours.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point: Before "The Bay Restaurant" La Preneuse, (Google Map)beach side
- To bring: Sunscreen, sun hat and camera.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids: No Age limit. Children under 18 should always be accompanied by an adult.
- Transport to location: Not included.
- Reservation policy: Booking 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made at least 24 hours before the outing will be fully refunded. We reserve the right to cancel any reservation if bad weather prevails the security of the trip. The outing shall be postponed or refunded in full.