Hiking the Black River National Park in Mauritius
This fantastic hike in Mauritius’ largest nature reserve is a must for all nature lovers and bird-watchers. The Black River National Park, also known as Black River Gorges offers some 6,500 hectares (approximately 2% of the surface of the island) of lush nature, endemic plants and over 300 flowering plants. If you remain silent you can see beautiful birds, including 9 endemic species, and reptiles in their natural habitat.
You will follow the path along the ridge of Macchabee forest with stunning views of the west and onto waterfalls below in the gorges. You will then hike around Mare Longue and back up to Pétrin.
Our professional guide will be very happy to share his local knowledge, experiences and passion for nature with you. You will discover all about the beautiful fauna and flora of Mauritius and how the island is trying to preserve its unique nature.
Guided hike in the Black River National Park, the largest National Park of Mauritius. Medium-moderate hike on a 12 km trail in lush nature.
- Price description and maximum participants:
Adult 36 Euro per person.
Child 28 Euros per person. (5-12 years)
Max. 12 participants. Min. 2 participants.
- Included in the price:
Guided hike in the Black River National Forest.
- Opening days for activity:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. and Sunday.
- Start time, end time and duration:
Starts 9am, ends 02.00pm. Approx. 4-5 hours.
- Location and/or meeting point/finishing point:
. Black River, West. Meeting at Black River National Park, parking lot. Finishing Black River National Park parking lot.
- To bring:
Hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, sunscreen, mosquito repellent camera and water.
- Minimum age and/or requirements for kids:
As from 5 and above.
- Transport to location:
- Reservation policy:
Booking 48 hours in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Within 24 hours prior to the excursion no refund possible.
- Within 48 hours prior to the excursion 50% refund.
- To ensure a pleasant and quality experience to all guests, we urge to arrive on time at the meeting point. Should you arrive more than 15 minutes late, we shall depart (no refund possible).